Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Problem Solved

Image: nuttakit / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Despite the enjoyment problem solving brings, we need to remember that we never solve problems completely on our own.

I recently solved a software-related problem with my laptop.  Naturally, I felt good about getting the problem out of the way, especially considering I put a decent amount of time and effort into finding and implementing a solution.  With this success came the temptation to think that I had solved the problem on my own without any outside assistance.

My line of thinking soon changed when I realized that although I did not actively ask for help, my solution came from knowledge I had received from someone else.  Someone who posted a solution on a website.  Someone who had more knowledge about the situation than I did.

Even if I had not consulted a source other than myself, Someone did help me solve that problem.  As it is written,
Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  James 1:16-17
 So next time you're tempted to think too highly of yourself for solving a problem, remember that you didn't solve it on your own, Someone was there helping whether you realized it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment