Friday, July 9, 2010

Once More

Psalm 116:3-7  3 The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.  4 Then I called on the name of the LORD: "O LORD, save me!"   5 The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.  6 The LORD protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.  7 Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.

Once more we find the psalmist crying out for help and once again we find him getting relief.

Psalm 116 is like many other psalms I have read so far. The psalmist is in trouble, the psalmist cries out for help, God helps the psalmist, the psalmist is thankful. I was tempted to say, "Oh, here we go again" but then I got to thinking.

It is actually a good thing that we can find all these similar psalms because it means that the psalmist was in constant need of God's help. That's a good thing because so am I. I can think of multiple times just in the past seven days that I needed His help. I just need to get into the habit of crying out for help more often in these situations. Only then can I "be at rest once more."

No comments:

Post a Comment