Thursday, July 1, 2010

Nothing Like It

Psalm 108:1-5  1 My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul. 2 Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. 3 I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. 4 For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. 5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, and let your glory be over all the earth.


There is nothing like praising God to improve your day.

Psalm 108 is a praise psalm. The majority of the verses exalt God in one way or the other, either directly as in the passage above or more indirectly as in the remaining verses of the psalm in which David states that God will help him conquer his enemies.

There are lots of things can drag us down such as bad news through the media, and bad news in our personal lives. God is the only lasting way to combat the malaise that comes with bad news. So my thought today is rather short. If you are feeling down, praise God, and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment