Thursday, May 13, 2010

Antidote for a Sleepless Night

Psalm 63:6-8 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

God is the only true antidote for a sleepless night.

Like many people from time to time I lay awake at night concerned about one thing or another.  This passage challenges me not to think about my problems, but to think about God because He is my help.  Like I have written in a previous post, God is the only one who can truly help me with my problems.  I need to remember that instead of yielding to the temptation to try and solve my own problems in my sleep-deprived mind.

Lord, thank you for reminding me to turn to you when I have trouble sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. I like this Bible verse too. Good antidote for sleepless night. Love you!

    ReplyDelete