Monday, May 10, 2010

First Aid

Psalm 60:11-12 Give us aid against the enemy, for the help of man is worthless.  With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies.

Whatever battle we face in life, the only One who can truly help us is God.

This Psalm is written in the context of battle.  The preamble is basically a summary of 2 Samuel 8:1-14 which records some military victories that David had, most notably a victory over the Edomites in the Valley of Salt.  The lesson I get out of it is simple, mankind and all its supposed power will not be  able to give me victory in any sense of the word.  If I have to go to court, it doesn't matter how good my attorney is, only God can give me the victory, and the list could go on and on.  In the spiritual sense, it doesn't matter how many good books I read or good choices I make, if God is not with me I am doomed to defeat.

Lord help me to trust completely in You whenever I am in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment