Monday, May 24, 2010

Lifelong Dependence

Psalm 71:6  From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you.

Whether we admit it or not, we are dependent upon God.

This verse somewhat coincides with what I discussed in yesterday's post. I need to remember that even before I could even acknowledge it, I relied upon God. My very life is held in His hands. Because my life is dependent upon him, I need to live in a way that honors that fact. Not simply by avoiding what is bad, but also by remembering that He is always there in my times of need.  I think I often go through life forgetting that part. At least I act that way. When I try to do things on my own, it shows that I am forgetting my dependence upon Him.

The last part of the verse is especially important. I missed it the first time. It states that this reliance upon God is a reason to praise Him. Again the subject of praise comes up. Everywhere I turn, there is a reason to praise God. I think that God is telling me to be more positive, to think less about my problems, and to think more about His power. What do you think this verse is telling you?

2 comments:

  1. I love this verse. It is telling me that when I was in my mother's womb God was watching over me. Because of Him I have life. My life is in His Hands. That's comforting to know. God permits trials to come to His people to prepare them for the accomplishment of His gracious purpose toward them. Thank you meu amor for sharing God's encouraging promises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome dear. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete