Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Save Me

Psalm 54:1,7  Save me, O God, by your name; vindicate me by your might. . . . For he has delivered me from all my troubles, and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.

I need to remember that help is there the moment I ask for it.

I find it interesting that at the beginning of this Psalm, David is crying out for help, and at the end he is speaking in the past tense that he has been delivered.  The heading of the psalm gives some background.  I read the story of what happened, and I don't see any immediate deliverance of David from his troubles. This leads me to think in different terms.  David was accepting the fact that God will deliver him, maybe not immediately, but ultimately.  I need to remember that fact when I am in trouble, and in whatever form that trouble may come.

Sure, I may sometimes be in trouble like David was, where my physical life is in danger, but I most of the time I am in spiritual danger.  My biggest enemy in this case is the person I see in the mirror, and I need to not only ask for deliverance, but believe that I will ultimately be delivered.

Thank you Lord for saving me from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment